- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices uncooked bacon
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tbs chopped fresh parsley or 1 tbs dehydrated
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbs butter
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Saute onion & mushrooms until tender. Remove from heat to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile prepare chicken breasts for stuffing by butterflying and cutting a pocket in the chicken.
- Mix shredded cheese and parsley into the cooled mushroom/onion mixture. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Divide evenly and stuff into pocket created in the chicken and fold over.
- Carefully wrap each folded breast with 2 slices of bacon, securing with a toothpick if needed. Place on a deep baking sheet or in an oblong ovenproof baker.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, depending on thickness of rolls. Chicken is done when juices run clear or internal temperature is 180 degrees F.
Pic and recipe from